American Management Association (www.amanet.org) is a world leader in talent development, advancing the skills of individuals to drive business success. AMA’s approach to improving performance combines experiential learning—learning through doing—with opportunities for ongoing professional growth at every step of one’s career journey. AMA supports the goals of individuals and organizations through a complete range of products and services, including classroom and virtual seminars, webcasts, webinars, podcasts, conferences, corporate and government solutions, business books and research. Organizations worldwide, including the majority of the Fortune 500, turn to AMA as their trusted partner in professional development and draw upon its experience to enhance skills, abilities and knowledge with noticeable results from day one.
AMA is looking for a Manager, Finance in Saranac Lake, NY to Manage the day-to-day operations of various general ledger and subsidiary ledger tasks and functions. Establish accounting processes and procedures and ensure compliance with company policies. Monitor accounting, finance and planning activities as well as ensure that timely, accurate and useful information is compiled and disseminated in conjunction with corporate requirements. Ensure appropriate internal controls are in place. Monitor emerging technology to determine ways to automate the accounting process without sacrificing accuracy and accountability.
• 4 Year Degree in Accounting or Finance + 6 years of experience in business
• Or MBA + 4 years of experience in business
• Professional certification desired
• People skills – 2+ years supervisory experience
• Demonstrated project management skills
• Multi-unit resource management
• Demonstrated planning skills
• Demonstrated leadership skills
• Analytical and quantitative skills
• Ability to communicate with all levels.
• Accountability for multiple functions
• Ability to work under pressure of multiple deadlines, time and volume
• Achieve results with minimal or no direction
• Knowledge of regulatory compliance and accounting standards
An EEO/AA Employer - M/F/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans - an ADA compliance organization