American Management Association (www.amanet.org) is a world leader in talent development, advancing the skills of individuals to drive business success. AMA’s approach to improving performance combines experiential learning—learning through doing—with opportunities for ongoing professional growth at every step of one’s career journey. AMA supports the goals of individuals and organizations through a complete range of products and services, including classroom and virtual seminars, webcasts, webinars, podcasts, conferences, corporate and government solutions, business books and research. Organizations worldwide, including the majority of the Fortune 500, turn to AMA as their trusted partner in professional development and draw upon its experience to enhance skills, abilities and knowledge with noticeable results from day one.
American Management Association, a world leader in professional development and performance-based learning solutions is seeking a Graphic Artist (Full-time, Part-time or Temporary), who will assist in creating unique, effective visual layout and designs in support of AMA’s print, online, digital and mobile edition products using color, type, illustration, photography, animation, and various techniques.
• Respond to requests for graphic layout services for AMA courseware.
• Focus on visual appearance of final documents using predefined templates, design sense, creativity and imagination.
• Express ideas visually, verbally and written in a clear, organized and articulate manner.
• Effectively listens and gains understanding from others.
• Deals tactfully and effectively with differences of opinion and demonstrates independent and original thought.
• Perform review, pre-press, and post notifications functions within the designated timeframe.
• Works independently to meet deadlines without compromising quality or inhibiting workflow while adhering to established standards.
• Other related duties.
Pursuing a BA or MA degree in Graphic Art/Design.
1+ years experience in layout/design.
Strong design sense.
Proficiency with Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Acrobat, and Microsoft Office in a MAC environment.
Good grammatical, spelling and proofreading skills.
Able to manage multiple projects in time sensitive environment.
Demonstrate initiative, work independently, meet deadlines and maintain collaborative professional relationships.
Applicant has to be authorized to work in the U.S.
An EOE/AA Employer, M/F/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans - an ADA compliance organization